Five Local Areas Mastering Education
Staffordshire – Stoke on Trent – Cheshire – Birmingham - Shropshire
"Nurturing Future Professionals"
The Secondary Initial Teacher Education Programme at The OAKS has been designed to be both academic and vocational and is predicated on the requirements to provide challenging expectations of you as a Trainee Teacher to create a teaching and learning environment which will engage your interest and motivation. The broad aims of the main curriculum component of programme are to:
- Develop your subject knowledge and teach you how to put that knowledge into practice (pedagogy) in order to thrive in the culture of our schools;
- Enable you to become a highly motivated, outstanding, effective, creative and reflective practitioner;
- Prepare you for a career in teaching that will prove to be successful and rewarding;
- Develop in you a commitment to and enthusiasm for continuing professional and personal development;
- Provide you with sufficient information, experience and opportunity in order that you might achieve the National Teacher Standards to enable you to be recommended for QTS.