Entry to the programme is conditional on:
- Achievement of at least a 2:2 and preferably a 2:1 honours degree (or recognised equivalent);
- Passes at GCSE in English Language and Mathematics at grade C or above (or recognised equivalent)
- Selection based on the information provided on the UCAS Teacher Training application;
- A medical report which is deemed satisfactory;
- A completed DBS enhanced disclosure which is deemed satisfactory by the University;
- Successful completion of the National College for Teaching and Leadership Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy (these are a pre-entry requirement);
- Successful completion of a minimum of 10 days Computing teaching experience in a secondary school/college during the last two years, either before or after selection (undertaking this before the selection process commences will strengthen your application.
Selection is based on a successful interview (the final stage of the recruitment and selection process involves an interview. This is normally conducted in school where you will be interviewed by school-based and University staff. The interview will also normally include an activity that involves working with learners in a educational setting.